Thursday, May 2, 2013

Things I Want: Céline coat


Because who doesn't want to look like a human version of one of these bags?


There's a whole conversation here to be had about these plastic bags– and there's an intersting blogpost here about an art show curated around the weaving technique used to make the pattern (a post that is also the provenance of the above image). 


What I like about this coat is the way it looks one dimensional, the contrasting lining lending it a depth but still making her look flat as a dressed paper doll. We'll add that to the desktop folder labelled 'in my dreams'.

1 comment:

  1. As I scrolled down your blog those bags are literally the first thing I thought of upon seeing that coat. My Asian family use them to store everything and they are affectionately called 'red-white-blue' bags.

    ReplyDelete