Thursday, October 20, 2011

Unrequited love.

I defy you to go eyeball-to-eyeball with these Haider Ackermann shoes and come away with your heart intact. These shoes are like the coolest boy in school. They're like that slouchy waster in the second-from-back row in your English tute who spends the whole semester avoiding eye contact with everyone and who then recites whole chunks of 'Leaves of Grass' by rote in his tute presentation (o wait... that's not your idea of sexy? The great thing about a blog is there is no such thing as an awkward silence after you've made a gaffe. I feel like Fashademic is an arena where I can really be free of my crippling case of foot-in-mouth disease (not literally... ew?) Don't even make me tell you about the time I almost asked an academic I'd just met what his research area is, and only stopped myself in the nick of time thinking, 'maybe not the smartest move?', to later find out that he is world-famous in my own field.)


Just look at the shoes that will draw you into a tumult of unfulfilled desire and ignore you all semester long, but that are so good-looking that they distract from all wrong-doing, even career suicidal gaffes:


 

 

 


Haider Ackermann shoes, in the immortal words of The Beatles, 'I want you so bad it's driving me mad, it's making me sad.' 

No comments:

Post a Comment