Friday, September 16, 2011

NYFW: Alexander Wang


I feel like A-Wang can pretty much do whatever he wants at this point.
Look at that carefree run. Man knows it.





















I can imagine him sitting in his studio, surrounded by louche girls clad in various looks of laser-cut leather and sports-inflected daywear being all, 'what now, Alex?' And him being all, 'huh. Whatever I touch turns to gold, hey ladies? Let's shake it up a bit.'

Cue florals that wouldn't look out of place on a Willoware dining set. Cue black jackets with wide sleeves worn with matching neckerchiefs. Cue sheer ponchos over bodysuits. And apr├ęs-ski style matchy leggings and jackets. CUE WHITE HEELS. 

It doesn't make sense. It shouldn't make sense. And yet you look at the collection and you find yourself nodding sagely. "O yeah, A-Wang. See what you did there. And those jacket-legging combos are bitchin', where can I get me some-a those?'

Don't believe me? Witness it and weep, gentle reader.









































Like I said, he can pretty much do whatever he wants at this point.
Images from style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment