Thursday, July 21, 2011

Fashademic

Some of you may remember that a few months ago my lovely and extremely talented friend Lindy made a documentary featuring me, my research, my blog and... me. In a wind tunnel. On a pylon in wedge heels. Jumping on slabs of concrete in chiffon pleated plaid pants. There's nothing I wouldn't do for fashademic her.
So here's your golden opportunity to hear my weirdly inflected 'talking about my research' voice, listen to the gorgeous melodies of sleepyhands, and marvel at Lindy's incredible talent. But mainly to hear my weirdly inflected 'talking about my research' voice. 




This film was made for a university assessment and is not for commercial purposes. All images from style blogs and fashion sites remain the property of the bloggers and photographers who produced them. 



12 comments:

  1. All I'm seeing is: "This video is private."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a little technologically inept. It should be viewable now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're as pretty as a peach. Or a pear. I like pears more than peaches. I particularly like the part at 6.27 when you'r trying not to laugh ;)
    You're a born star!
    This is an awesome vid. Turned my dreary Friday into a cheery one.
    P.s What lipstick are you wearing? It's gorgeous.
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh you! Thanks! The lipstick is the YSL Rouge one you gave to me, funnily enough. It's the best lipstick I have, it moisturises my lips AND it smells of roses. Delightful. (Trying not to laugh because the wind blew hair into my mouth!) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. ps. that comment sounds like product placement. Or at least some VERY obvious subliminal endorsement. Eek. (BUY YSL ROUGE LIPSTICK.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rosie I love this! Lindy must be lovely, because you seem so comfortable. You look absolutely gorgeous, the music choice is fabulous - it's a great short film.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great stuff! Very nicely done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice, Rose. I dig the future is unwritten/coy grin ending.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are adorable! Some really stunning shots there too! Hey.. just saw this and thought of you:
    http://www.amazon.com/Bill-Cunningham-York-Anna-Wintour/dp/B0050I975Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1311407953&sr=8-1

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks guys. Jeffers- a smile to myself, perhaps, but never coy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great short! Have to say, I'd be really interested in reading your PhD once it's done :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks! On both counts! You're very welcome to read it, when that distant day eventually comes...

    ReplyDelete