Wednesday, November 3, 2010

way to go, Sydney.

I know that there are people with real problems in the world. But. I had an outfit all ready to go for today, counting on the weather being grizzly and grey. Yet I woke to sunshine, blue skies, steady heat. Ok, yes, Sydney, very pretty, but is a little rain too much to ask for? What am I going to tell my carefully selected black on black on black ensemb now?

I think I'll just suck it up and be hot. Because really, if nothing else, fashion has taught us that looks are more important than comfort #corsets #stilettos #golden lilies, am I right?

In other news: I still haven't thought of a satisfactory, succinct answer to the question "what's your thesis on?" Cue a halting garble about "the intersection between the internet, fashion and the individual" or rapid hand movements as I try to indicate triangulation. Even better is the question about what my question is. Ha! Ha ha! 
And don't even get me started on my humming and huhing in the face of the question "so how's it all going?'

1 comment:

  1. or my personal favorite - so what sort of career does that lead to? :)

    My spervisor just keeps saying "it's all a bit fictional", make it up and once you've done it, you can tell people what you've done. I like that. Each day I can live in a new thesis-fiction-land!

    ReplyDelete