Monday, November 29, 2010

hansel hands.

Something was lurking inside my letterbox for me tonight. Something savage and sharp. . .

All the way from Melbourne. . .
 Unfortunately, having skingers, the ring is too big! It keeps slip-sliding to either side and if I tilt my knuckle forward. . . ker-slice, down goes the Guillotine.
I love it still, and Candice, the designer, has offered to remake it for me which is so lovely of her. I bought it online, friends- I couldn't do without another violent looking ring, what can I say, I'm a monster.

You know what else? I have a friend called Sarah who just arrived back home from travels and a nursing volunteer program in India and she brought me. . .
the best bangle ever!!!! It's like a shackle and I love it!

So, all in all, a funny kind of day where two unexpected silver items wended their way to me. I feel very fortunate, and also a little frustrated at the skinny finger problem, but at the same time, rather fond of them, because they're mine and they're familiar even if they are narrow as twigs. 
I also realised that I have overlooked another entry in the fashionspeak dictionary- 'fashion forward.' Will it never end? And why does my brain collect these banalities? Questions without an answer, I think.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love these, they're really hot! Such a shame the ring is too big :(

    ReplyDelete