Saturday, October 9, 2010

I was eye-to-eye with the Sydney Opera House and I could see it quaking in its boots.

Yesterday's outfit felt like a bit of a triumph. Mum gave me these amazing Romance Was Born leggings a couple of months ago and ever since then I have been nutting out how to wear them. (And I don't mean how to "pull them off"- the secret is in your confidence, readers. Hold your head high, look those sniggering at you in the eye and simply smile back.) 
OK so the tricky factor is that there is so much is going on with the pastel wonderland on your legs. Dark upper layers looked too heavy and other prints, unless in the pastel family, made me look like I'd splinched together two different outfits. It was the sartorial equivalent of a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle. But then! I remembered this cream-coloured linen David Lawrence blouse and it all flowed on from there.
 I was cameraless and working a ten hour day. This was the best I could do.



 

 I want to accumulate enough rings to mimic a metal hand. This Vivienne Westwood Armour ring is just the beginning. . .



Outfit breakdown: Vintage Balenciaga blazer, second-hand David Lawrence linen blouse, Romance Was Born leggings, Vivienne Westwood Armour ring, Dinosaur Designs resin ring, assorted old enamel and silver rings from Mum, silver and garnet rings from forever ago, diamante and mock gold ring from my childhood bestie Rosie (yes, her name was Rosie too and no, she wasn't an imaginary friend!), brass cube ring from Harry Wragg in Melbourne. I wore little green boots as well but they don't photograph well. I don't want to do them an injustice on the internet, you know? They've been good to me, it would be a slight to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment