Thursday, September 9, 2010

Hold the Phone!

What are you doing this Sunday morning? Cancel it. 
Because my friend Bek, co-designer of erstwhile label Ed & Bek is selling brand-new, never worn (as well as pre-loved) clothes from the label as well as other sartorial delights at the Rozelle markets. You can leave your map and compass at home because here are her detes: stall 85, top level of the markets. 


In case you think, 'ptshah, Rosie. She's your friend, of course you're giving her a shout-out' let me redirect you to what I like to call the 'Danebank School Diary Collaging Incident of 2001.' You can read all about it hereAnd let me furnish that memory with a more contemporary anecdote. I am famously fussy about clothing. If I don't love it, I won't take it home EVEN if it's a bargain of the century, EVEN if it's the last one and it's my size and it's-vintage-Dior-who-cares-if-it's-mustard-coloured? And yet the last time I cast a weather eye over Bek's wares, I found myself dragging home two enormous bags full of clothes. I vaguely remember clapping my hands and jumping up and down in glee as out poured an asymmetrical white cotton Vivienne Westwood-esque skirt, a floor length navy and white striped bustle skirt and that linen bolero. I wish I could say I was all dignified but. . . unfortunately not. 


So if you want, do yourself a favour and go snaffle a bargain. Then send me pictures! Fashademic can host our own pictorial DIY Ed & Bek editorial love-in. 


PS. There are no pictures on this post because I can't figure out how to right click on Mum and Dad's computer! Um. . . did I mention I'm doing a PhD? On new media? Yep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment